We are Aberdeen Independence Movement (AIM) a non-partisan, pro-independence group based in the North East of Scotland, making the local case for independence, prioritising issues that affect Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire.
In partnership with The National, AIM has distributed 100,000 special-edition newspapers, with contributions from a wide range of local voices covering a diverse selection of topics.
Whether it’s energy, human rights or our economic future, we hope to make the case that Scotland’s future is best served by becoming an independent nation.
Below are the articles you can find online:
- Dick Winchester: One of the biggest reasons for Scottish independence is control of our energy
- Maggie Chapman: Our economy is being run for the wrong people
- Karen Adam: Gap between our region and UK Government has grown too wide
- Emma North: Westminster is the reason for cost of living crisis – not the solution
- Dr Mary Brown: Some of us fear change … but change is already here
- Peter McColl: It’s time for us to reconnect Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire
- Richard Thomson: Scotland must be able to take its own decisions
- Christian Allard: Here is food for thought on crisis we face
- Lauren Henderson: We must ditch a ruling UK elite that is grossly abusing its political power
- Kate Monahan: I moved from England – and want an independent Scotland